Monday, May 5, 2008

Still Moving......Will the Boxes Ever End!!!!































The movers arrived on the 18th of April and again on the 21st and I have been unpacking and moving in ever since. There was quite a bit of damage done to our things. Our sofa table arrived missing two legs and the protective box I had for my Lladro "Christus" was crushed. My Lladro "Christus" was also slightly damaged, you should have seen how they packed it. I was dumbfounded. Looking back I guess I should have packed everything myself but I wasn't up for that either.....those days are in my rear view mirror!! Some of the reason the move has been slow to get finished is my lack of agility and absence of help....Preston is at school all day, Rick is at work or out of town on business (He has been to Michigan the first weekend after we moved and will be going to Houston on the 17th and there have been or going to be a total of two father and son campouts during this first six weeks or so!) I have to pick up Preston at school everyday because he is going to school in another district because when we moved here we just picked a school thinking it would be "about" where we would choose to live and it was.......just one school district over. I also drive him to Orem after school three days a week (about 30 miles one way) to his Karate lessons.....that also cuts into my unpacking time. ....but I am making progress. The first thing I did when I moved in was to get the guest room ready for guests and the guest bathroom ready. I was expecting old friends, the Allens, from Arizona. They did come by and it was delightful, but sadly, they weren't able to stay the night. However, we were blessed with Connie and her mom and the four little ones coming last Friday for the night. It was wonderful to see them all again. How thankful we were to have them. I helped Teri with a church assignment which I enjoyed and today Rick, Preston and I were asked to speak in church this next Sunday ~ on Mother's day....surely, it's because I have been such an exemplary mother ~ and Preston will also be ordained a Teacher that day as well. His 14th b'day is this Thursday. I have no clue when I am going to prepare my talk. Rick and Preston are on their own!!! The clinic opens full swing tomorrow morning and I will have to start getting Preston to school by 7:30 am, as Rick will no longer have time before he has to be at work. Rick is loving his job and it is very exciting for us. Oh, yes, I forgot, we also received an audit from the IRS during all this moving for the year 2006, all I have to do is send them a check by the 28th, I really don't agree with it but our tax man said to just pay it and get it closed, I guess it's best just to get it over with according to him, especially if the amount is somewhat small?!?!?!.......and Alex and Walker are expecting another litter in a couple of months. Pictures above are of LaRee and Kerry Allen, our neighbors when we lived in Mesa, Arizona in 1977.......oh, how I love them. They visited last Thursday, it was way too short!!! Oh, yes, I also have friends in my new ward that I knew growing up......Gayla Millis now Gayla Nielson and Madelyn Jarvis and Mark Thomas....now Mr. and Mrs. Mark Thomas from Manassa........small, small world. I am just loving it and can't wait to get unpacked and settled. Rick's mom will be here for an extended visit in about two weeks, so I am really going to try to get everything done by then!!!

No comments: