Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pretty Views From My Bedroom






The funny story I mentioned on Facebook is the previous entry to this one.

I was making the bed the other day and thought how beautiful the sun was on the Oquirrh Mountains, and I should take some pictures. So here are a few. Our ward building is just to the Southwest of us (Preston jumps the fence) and the Salt Lake Equestrian Center is just to the Northwest of us. Preston goes over to watch the races etc., on a regular basis. We love living here. We are about one mile from a shopping center and a movie theater with 20 screens to the West and we are about five miles to a very big shopping center to the East, along with Costco and dozens of places to eat. There is also a small strip mall about a mile to the East of us. We are 3 1/2 miles from Sonic. Rick is about 3 1/2 miles from work, just across the street from Sonic!!!! I love this location. I hope our offer on the house goes through......time will tell.

If you look really closely at the fourth picture down you can see the new Oquirrh Temple. The Oquirrh Temple is l 1/2 miles to the West of us and the Jordan River Temple is 1 1/2 miles to the East of us.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Mom,
you can't post a story like that without telling us who it is...?

Janet Thwaits said...

Yes, I can! It was hilarious

Beth said...

You do live in a beautiful neighborhood. I would love to live so close to a Red Robin!!

Jesse said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Janet Thwaits said...

bless your heart Jesse.....my b'day isn't until May 18th.....don't rush it!! :-)