Monday, March 30, 2009

What a Busy, Busy Week......I wore a lot of hats!












































BE SURE AND READ THE FOLLOWING POST FOR TODAY AS WELL.
I have a friend in our ward here in South Jordan that I have known all my life. Her sister and I were very good friends all through school. Anyway, she has had 10 children.....WOW am I impressed!!! She does have a beautiful family and her husband is in our Bishopric. Anyway, I told her about six weeks ago that I would make her daughter's wedding cake for her reception on March 26th. Well, I have also been called as the Compassionate Service Leader in Relief Society. So on Sunday the 22nd, our neighbor's daughter died and was to be buried on THURSDAY!! I was near panic! But we have wonderful sisters in our ward that really pitched in and helped with the dinners and the luncheon after the funeral. That evening I was able to get the cake to the reception on time......so it was a good day. The neighbor's daughter was handicapped and had lived to be 30. She was a very sweet young lady.....we will all miss her. The bride was beautiful!
The circle of life.

During this time I was also trying to buy our house and the owner is trying to sell it to someone else. There's a story there!! Anyway, we are hanging on waiting for hopefully, good news and won't have to move. But it has been a very anxious few weeks. On top of that I have been dealing with the bank over the house we left in Nevada that the "Godfather" (Rick's boss that brought us back from Nevada and then closed the clinic) was supposed to take care of as part of our employment package. You would think at my age and with my experiences I would have gotten all this in writing, but let me tell you, he was smooth. So I have an appointment tomorrow to continue to deal with that and am anxiously awaiting papers on the house, which may or may not come. But you know what I did during all this stressful time? I shuck (how do you spell "snuck"? and is it even a word? I use it all the time) away, I told my mother in law I had an appointment and I went and got a massage.....didn't tell a soul I just went and guess
what? I am going to have another one this week!! I also think it will help my hip which has never really done as well as I had hoped.

I know the Lord has a plan for us and I only want the house if that is okay with Him and it's his will for us. I know he has a plan and that works for me!!!

2 comments:

Gaengy said...

Janet, the cake is beautiful. Only you could pull that one off...a funeral and a wedding in the same day. You know many hats suit you. You are so talented and are one of the most thoughtful people I have ever met. Bless you for all you do and that includes the secret massage!!!
Love, JULIE

Beth said...

I love that you were able to find some time for a massage even when you had so many other things to do. It's important to find time for yourself...it will keep you sane! Once again, you pulled off a beautiful cake and made a bride very happy!